Currently working on: ORC
5.02.02.00 – October 11 2021
- Several bugfixes and changes, also see the fix releases below
- Made the program a bit more robust when encountering problems
5.02.01.02 – October 5 2021
- Fixed the working of the Delete Competitor button on the Competitor details form
- Changed the Print Dialog so you don’t have to click twice on it
- When finishing ZW also looked at Sail numbers in the ‘not a competitor’ fleet. Fixed that
- Fixed some small bugs
- Added shortcut keys on all forms (when appropriate):
- ESC – Cancel
- F3 – OK (save and close)
- CTRL-S – Apply (save and stay)
- CTRL-D – Delete
- CRTL-N – New
- Added ESC to the Splash window so you can close it when you get stuck somehow
5.02.01.01 – September 21 2021
- A fix for registering ZW when offline.
5.02.01.00 – September 20 2021
- Changed the target .NET framework to 4.7.2, since the 4.6.1 version I used will reach end of Support in April next year. This should have no impact on ZW.
- Fixed a small issue I ran into myself while scoring, where ZW could not find a Sail number that was clearly there.
- Fixed an issue with refinishing a competitor not present in the currently shown fleet
- Added the user licence in the Help menu
5.02.00.00 – September 13 2021
- I added this form, which is also reachable through the Help menu;
- You can now enter or import sail numbers with suffixes (RYA numbers). Scoring still takes place by entering the numeric part of the number;
- I improved the working of maintaining Classes and Countries in connection with the next point;
- You are now able to export your contestants in a database, so you can quickly add Classes, Countries and Contestants from it later. These two points come directly from what you were used to in ZW4, but I added some management;
- Entering double Class names was possible, but caused problems. This is now actively blocked;
- I improved on file management by ZW. There is now a recent files list to make your life easier. See also fix 5.01.07.01 in which I laid some groundwork for this;
- Fixed a small issue with the initialization of the Point size in the database, which caused an empty combo box and crash if you didn’t notice this. When you select a value manually, the problem is also solved.
- Improved the saving of the print preview locations on your screen, in Portrait and Landscape mode. Also remembering print settings between sessions: Landscape, Interlines, Compact mode, Combined mode and Point size of your prints.
- I changed the too complicated file handling of ZW, that was balancing on two ways of thinking (old and new)
- During the installation or on the Settings form you can define a default directory. Otherwise ZW will now just follow the location from where you opened the regatta file or where you saved the regatta file to. I removed the output directory setting from the General form, since that only makes things more complicated and confusing. Also no more auto generating directories.
- I also noticed HTML pages where diacritical characters were not displayed properly. That is also fixed.
- Added some file handling improvements, better import options for United 4 Sailing and several small bug fixes. I also improved the Microsoft Word output.
- In this fix release I fixed adding competitors, that are not in 1-Design fleets, after there are already finished races.
- And removed a warning on deleting competitors when they don’t have real scores, but just DNC and such.
- Fixed a bug with propagating changed handicaps to other competitors with the same boat type and Spi setting
- Fixed an issue with changing Texel rating handicaps
- Fixed a problem with duplicate class names when finishing. Please make sure there are no duplicate class names in your regatta, the search is case insensitive. When finishing the system may find the wrong class
- Experimental: Made it possible to import the Manage2Sail excel format without renaming all your column names. Some columns need to be combined by hand.
5.01.06.01, 5.01.06.02 and 5.01.06.03
- There was still an issue with entering dates, ZW now presents a date in your regional data format, but accepts slightly other formats.
- Fixed a few issues with switching competitors back and forth to the ‘Not a competitor’ fleet
- Centred compact HTML output
- Added Rule A5.3 text to results output, when activated on the ‘General’ options form
- Improved handling of the folder where regatta output is saved to, it won’t change if you change the regatta name, but you can change it yourself on the second tab of the ‘General’ options form
- On special request I added the ‘Compact’ option to HTML output so ZW will generate HTML in the more compact ZW4 manner.
- Put in some more intelligence to better fix regattas that were saved incorrectly in the past
- Quicker loading of larger amounts of classes and countries
- Improved date handling more, I hope it’s better than before
- Fixed a small issue when deleting a contestant.
- Fixed another issue with saving your regatta, the main reason for this release
- Fixed date handling for en-US etc (or rather anything not nl-NL)
- Improved import of contestants via Excel/CSV/TXT, specifically when importing Fleets that are different from the Classes in it
- Fixed a specific issue with finishing and the finish options
- Fixed an issue with the registration when you are offline.
- Fixed an issue with not all relevant information of a regatta not being saved to file. This showed up when loading your file on another computer.
- The Freeze handicaps menu item on the Finish menu only showed up after more than 1 race was entered.
- Added output listing for Handicaps, Print and HTML. Not all Handicap overviews can be printed yet, they will follow soon. Currently only SW is tested.
- Fixed some issues with the loading of translations. Still, some items are not being translated when the language in the regatta is different from the general language.
- Sometimes, after the Splash screen, the main window for ZW won’t show. This is because the location parameters for some reason get out of the scope of your screen. ZW will now fix this automatically.
- Copy/Pasting data into an excel to import contestants will sometimes contain CR and LF characters (Carriage Return and Line Feed). This messes up the printing of the results. When importing Excel, ZW will change these characters to space.
- When printing results for several or all fleets at once, where the fleets had different amounts of sailed races, unsailed races would also be outputted. This is now fixed.
- Fixed an issue with (SW) Handicaps, it was not possible to enter decimals
- Inputting finish times did not always work correctly
- Improvements for the E_Captain results upload and better registration options for this
- Added start date and end date for regattas on the General regatta options form, currently this is only outputted to the E-Captian XML
- Fixed several small issues that would crash the program
- There is a lot of discussion about scoring a TLE for competitors that didn’t finish within the time limit. I will not join the discussion, but made TLE available, since RC’s are already adding it to the Sailing Instructions and Notice of Race. I’m aware that this score is not specified in RRS 2021-2024.
- In the General Settings of the Regatta you can specify if 1 (default) or 2 points will be added. A boat that scores a TLE gets scored the points of the last boat that finished within the time limit, and was not disqualified, plus the TLE addition that you defined.
- In this fix release I restored the ability to write results etc. to Microsoft Word.
- Several crashes in specific situations when printing contestants
- Redesigned registration process
- Redesigned download new version process
- Solved some issues with opening and saving files.